Monday 3 May 2010

The secret to a happy life is revealed by Bryn from Inglewood: "Be open to anything. I suffered depression for about 2 years. I isolated myself from everyone, and felt so low I wanted to top myself. About 4 years ago a friend dropped by and dragged me out of the house. She took me to Bunbury, with me swearing and cursing at her for the whole 2 hour drive. She took me to a bay where we could paddle in the water and within minutes we were surrounded by 3 dolphins. I was terrified at first, but she encouraged me to stay in the water by telling me about the habits of dolphins, etc. We were in the water for almost 10 minutes and that was a turning point for me in my life. I felt overwhelmed with happiness from that point on. I dont know if it was the contact with beautiful wild creatures, or the fact that someone cared about me enough to endure my bad moods and bad behaviour to help me out of a dark space."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bryn
    Thank you for sharing this insight. Although your revelation was long, I really wanted to include it on this site. What a wonderful soul your friend is. She endured your bad behaviour and could still see the real you behind it all. Thanks again Bryn for sharing yourself.

    ReplyDelete